Today, I’m bringing on a guest to talk about uncovering your purpose and why you must dig deeper and his name is Gary Smith. About 21 years ago, he decided it was time to leave corporate america and go out on his own. That then led him to starting a company called Optimum Performance Technologies. And for the last 21 years, he has worked with businesses and individuals all over the world, helping them take their lives and their organizations to new levels of achievement and success.
While doing that work, he discovered that many problems in business are actually people related and they’re caused mainly by leaders who haven’t learned how to really lead and develop those on their teams. As a result, Gary started focusing on coaching both leaders and team members. And that then led him down the pathway of becoming a John Maxwell certified coach, and also a John Maxwell certified disc consultant.
And then after coaching for a number of years, he learned that many individuals and organizations don’t really succeed because they lack one common ingredient–purpose. This then became such a common theme in the work that he then decided to launch a very new, exciting and very focused brand called the Power of Purpose. And one of his top goals is to educate the world on the power of purpose and work with and guide individuals and businesses as they develop a rock solid purpose.
So if you want to take your life and your business to the next level and learn some wisdom from like a man who’s been in the trenches of business for 40 years, sit back, relax, enjoy the show.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode
- What is the ultimate reason for why somebody does something?
- How did Gary get started helping people discover their purpose?
- How does somebody step out of their ‘should’s’ and ‘shouldn’ts’?
- Is there a difference between creating and discovering your purpose?
- What advice would Gary have for those people who don’t seem to have a lot of encouragers around them or their environment?
- What was one of the craziest little encouraging moments that Gary met along his path that was totally unexpected when it comes to purpose?
- How does purpose work differently in different phases of life today?
- What are some of the big mistakes Gary has seen people make in discovering their purpose?
- What’s been one of the biggest personal breakthroughs Gary has experienced in his life thus far?
- What would Gary tell his younger self to create results faster?
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast, If not, please go do that now because that is what helps get this message to reach more people?
Plus, I don’t want you to miss an episode. Each week, I’ll be releasing two new episodes and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance they’ll fly under the radar and you’ll miss out.
Also, please leave me a review on iTunes because that’s what helps more people find the podcast.
Simply click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” Let me know what you’re loving about the podcast and what has been one of your biggest take-aways so far.