In today’s episode, I’m bringing on one of my past clients to talk about the online business wisdom that she has acquired through dance lessons. Now, this may sound crazy at first. Yet sometimes we stay open to things we learn outside of the game of online business, often we can find a surprising advantage.
Our guest for today is Aimee Mendez. Amie is a professional dancer and a dance teacher who has competed and traveled all over the world. She’s taught all kinds of people how to dance, from somebody like me, who knows nothing about dancing, all the way to helping reality television stars.
Amie has often been approached by other dance professionals and students for consulting and training. This is what has inspired her to create the Dance teachers Academy podcast, which is a who’s who of champion dancers and performers on my has taught over 250 different couples to prepare them for their wedding dance. And that’s why some of her colleagues have named her the queen of the wedding couple.
But more importantly, she’s learned how to take her extensive knowledge of the dance industry, and use the internet to create a business that allows her to work from anywhere in the world.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode
- What happened when Amie and AJ were on the dance floor together?
- Why throwing money into a business became one of Aimie’s biggest mistakes in business? What should you do instead?
- How is Amie coping and navigating business amidst the pandemic?
- How is she coping emotionally?
- Why is it okay to do things imperfectly?
- What lessons in dancing can you apply to life and business?
- How communication and building relationships play an important part in dancing as well as in business?
- Why taking responsibility when you mess up is something everyone should learn? How could it build relationships?
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast, If not, please go do that now because that is what helps get this message to reach more people?
Plus, I don’t want you to miss an episode. Each week, I’ll be releasing two new episodes and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance they’ll fly under the radar and you’ll miss out.
Also, please leave me a review on iTunes because that’s what helps more people find the podcast.
Simply clic09k here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” Let me know what you’re loving about the podcast and what has been one of your biggest take-aways so far.