Today I’m bringing on a guest to share her story of how to let go of expectations. Everyone experiences adversity in their lives and it seems like no person on earth goes through this life without facing their own demons. And I found oftentimes our demons can actually be a reflection of the expectations that we carry from ourselves. These can be ones that we’ve adopted from others or made up ourselves. And today’s guest has an incredible story. My hope is it will inspire you to stay the course and create whatever it is that you feel called to create. So if you’re facing some adversity right now and want some inspiration and motivation, sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
Today’s guest is Elian Haan. I first met her back in my hometown, when I was an active member of the Chamber of Commerce. She’s full of incredible energy and she had quite the life experience. And I’m really excited for her to share her story of overcoming adversity from moving from the Netherlands to America and really starting over from zero. She’s always been a prominent figure in the fitness industry. In 2015, she started as a wellness coach at a National Addiction Rehab facility where patients stay for 30 to 90 days in recovery. She was asked to develop the wellness curriculum and help people overcome addiction through different styles of movement. She’s also a life coach who believes in physical healing and the power of energy and knows firsthand how body movement can have an immediate impact on anxiety and depression.
What You’ll Hear In This Episode
- What happens when we start caring for our spinal cord?
- How would understanding what you can do for yourself creates more time?
- Why don’t people want to align with the truth of their experience or potential experiences?
- How does getting out of the comfort zone come with a lot of expectations?
- Why did Elian feel abandoned by a lot of people in a short amount of time?
- What would have been different if people had open and vulnerably shared what they’re going through?
- How does Elian self-source her confidence?
- Why doesn’t Elian think people should be held to a standard to embody their purpose or their calling?
- What would Elian tell her younger self that will help her get results faster?
Subscribe and Review in iTunes
Are you subscribed to my podcast, If not, please go do that now because that is what helps get this message to reach more people?
Plus, I don’t want you to miss an episode. Each week, I’ll be releasing two new episodes and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance they’ll fly under the radar and you’ll miss out.
Also, please leave me a review on iTunes because that’s what helps more people find the podcast.
Simply click here to review, then select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review.” Let me know what you’re loving about the podcast and what has been one of your biggest take-aways so far.