It’s time for me to start keeping track of my monthly goals publicly once again. I started this in late 2014 and really enjoyed the process.
Then I had massive changes to my business and dropped the ball. Here’s to picking it back up and moving forward.
Since my last goals post in September of 2014, I’ve learned a lot.
One huge takeaway for me is no amount of money brings true happiness. Don’t get me wrong, it certainly helps. Yet at the end of the day…it will not be THE thing that fulfills you. I made $20,000+ in one month and I still felt like I didn’t accomplish anything.
It’s the other six areas that do. Your Spiritual growth, fitness, family, romance, social life and personal development.
Think of all eight of these areas as the cylinders to your engine of life. If you are only focused on money and business, this means you are only operating on two of the eight cylinders. Your performance will be poor and eventually, you’ll burn out.
This is what happens to a real motor.
Our life is like this.
The other huge learning experience since September 2014 is in the area of money. It doesn’t matter how much you make, you have to learn to control the flow, because if you do not it will find a way to leave you.
In November of 2014, Sarah (my girlfriend) and I set out to outline a plan to get out of debt by the end of 2015. We wanted to have everything paid for except our student loans. By May 2015, we had it all done except our home.
We are still working on that one.
The moral of the story is we started to take control of our flow of money. We learned if we consciously directed it, we had more than enough. In fact, we found abundance. The crazy part…you do not have to make $10,000+ a month to FEEL and LIVE a life of freedom.
Here are my goals for the month of July 2015:
1. I am easily making $10,000 or more in the month of July 2015.
2. I am attending Fellowship Church every Sunday in the month of July 2015.
3. I have perfect attendance for the Man Maker Challenge for the month of July 2015.
4. I am texting a funny meme to my brother and sister every day for the month of July 2015.
5. I am buying Sarah a gift once a week in the month of July 2015.
6. I host a Beers N Bros at Top Golf for my entrepreneurial friends in Dallas in July 2015.
7. I am reading a chapter a day from “A Return to Love.”
8. I am hosting a daily Periscope training during the week about using Twitter in July 2015.
Have You Set Your Goals Yet?
My hope is my transparency will inspire you to be more, listen to the voice inside that is calling you and to challenge you to step up your game in life and business.
I’d love to hear from you. Share ONE of your goals for July below.